Why Buy Vinyl?October 14, 2013
How to Choose the Right Commercial Fence for Your BusinessApril 3, 2016
Chain link fences are a great solution for many people when they have big yards or need an affordable fencing material. They may not require much maintenance, but they do need to be taken care of to withstand the elements. Water and moisture cause damage to the links, as can plants and other vegetation. When you rely on your fence to protect pets and children from leaving your yard, it’s vital that your fence stay strong. Take care of your fence with these tips and it will last for years. Call us for repair services when the support system breaks down.
- Wash the dirt and grime off a metal or vinyl fence with a garden hose, soapy water, and a soft brush. Clean your fence as part of your spring and fall maintenance duties. When using a cleanser, make sure it’s environmentally safe to use on vegetation.
- Apply a protective coating to your metal fence, such as an epoxy, to protect it from rust.
- Inspect the fence annually to make repairs before the fence deteriorates even more.
- Repair broken links quickly with new wires ties or replacing the entire section.
- Keep the weeds and grass trimmed close to the edge, to allow you to catch damage and holes being dug in the ground.
- Remove shrubs, trees, and vines regularly to prevent damage to the links.
With careful maintenance, your chain link fence will last for 15 to 20 years. If you need to replace an old fence, call us for installation services. When nature has taken down your fence, give us a chance to discuss your options. We repair and replace chain link, wood, and vinyl fences for both residential and commercial properties. Let us show you what’s new in fencing technology for you to have the exterior boundary that fits your needs and personality. Whether you need performance or functionality, we know how to find the solution that works.